A Proven Approach To Selecting The Optimal Name
for A Product, Service, or Institution
- What is NAMESIGHTŪ
- A qualitative research technique developed in the early
1990's by Groups Plus, for the purpose of helping clients
determine which name among a selection, represent the best
alternative for the organization in light of the goals and
strategies which have been established.
- NAMESIGHT is a proprietary product of Groups Plus
- How Does NAMESIGHTŪ Work?
- The basic structure of the NAMESIGHT technique is essentially
a focus group. However, when using the NAMESIGHT approach
to execute a naming exercise, the moderator has been trained
in techniques of exposing the candidate names to participants
and soliciting inputs from them in such a way that it is
possible to identify the positive and negative connotations
that the name evokes.
- A key part of the NAMESIGHT methodology is to identify
whether there are any hidden meanings or associations to
a name that could surface at a later date to affect the
target customer perception of the product or service in
- How Has NAMESIGHTŪ Been Used?
- The NAMESIGHT process has been used in a wide variety
of different product and service categories over the past
12 years, including consumer products, business-to-business,
non profit and academic institution positioning.
- The process has been used to name companies, divisions
of companies, product families and individual products and
services of many types.
- What Does NAMESIGHTŪ Cost?
- The cost of a NAMESIGHT
project varies based on the same types of factors that would
affect traditional focus group research.
- To estimate the cost of
a NAMESIGHT project, assume implementation of four focus
groups, and use the average price normally paid for this
research, and the estimate should be very close